REALTORS® and the New Closing Process Survey
The TILA‐RESPA Integrated Documentation (TRID) or Know Before You Owe rules went into effect on October 3, 2015. Survey respondents indicate that since implementation:
- 10.4% of transactions were delayed, but less than 1% canceled, while the typical delay is 8.8 days.
- 54.5% of respondents had problems getting closing documents for transactions and half found errors when they did get access.
- REALTORS® were less likely to have access to closing documents in delayed settlements.
- Missing concessions and incorrect names or addresses were the most frequently cited errors, but incorrect fees, commissions, and taxes were also reported.
- E‐settlement procedures had fewer errors and faster remediation
Call me to get show you how we can help you get your home sold quicker,